Our classes are accessable for every body and include strengthening, stretching, relaxation, breathing and meditation practices. Morning and evening classes at Murrumbeena Park Community Hub, Ground Floor Community Room and online.
Click here to receive our newsletter
• Please bring your own mat, blanket and cushion
• Plan to arrive ten minutes prior to class
• Please turn off any mobile phones
• Wear comfortable clothes allowing a full range of movement
• Aim not to eat for at least an hour before class
• Please inform the teacher if you are pregnant or have any physical or medical issues
• Practice mindfully, especially with unfamiliar poses, in an easeful, peaceful way
• COVID – Our large space enables social distancing and you are welcome to wear a mask if you wish
The Integral Yoga® system of Hatha Yoga initially involves a specific sequence of Yoga postures and practices that are designed to help the body, emotions and mind to return to their natural state of good health and balance. We offer classes suited to every level – we begin gently, then each student is encouraged to progress at his or her own pace.
An Integral Yoga Hatha class offers a beautifully integrated experience, including many of the traditional yoga practices. Classes are really moving meditations, where form in each asana is important, but the primary focus is on being present and being open to experiencing the joy and vitality ever present within ourselves.
A typical class opens with Sanskrit chanting, moves into asana (posture) practice, followed by deep relaxation, then pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation, and closes with traditional peace chants.